Most powerful? Most amazing? We hear it all the time, but what does it really mean? In the case of Maingear's newest machine, it means that the mega gaming laptop makers of the world have even more competition. The company has just announced that they're launching the "most powerful 17" 3D gaming notebook" on the market, with their machine have a 4.8GHz overclocked CPU (similar to the EON-17S) and NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 485M.
The upgrades are hitting the eX-L 17 3D, providing 3D Vision support, 2nd-gen Intel Core processors, 2.5GHz - 4.8GHz chipc, 2GB of GDDR5 memory, DirectX 11 support and a 120Hz-enabled 3D panel. It also ships with a built-in 3D emitter, two HDD bays, integrated Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N, and a pair of NVIDIA 3D Glasses. The pain, however, is great. It starts at $2659 in a "well equipped" configuration, so you best start saving up.
* Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 485M with 2GB
* Display: 17.3" (16:9) 120Hz 3D-enabled Full HD (1920x1080) LED-Backlit Display with Matte Finish screen and Nvidia 3D vision Glasses
* Processor: Up to Intel® Core™ i7-2920XM Processor Extreme Edition, 8MB L3 Cache Overclocked up to 4.8Ghz
* Memory: Up to Patriot 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 - 1600Mhz
* Optical Drive: Up to 2X Blu-ray reader/8x Multi Combo (BD-R, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
* Hard Drive: Up to two 600GB Solid State Drives, 500GB Hybrid SSDs, or 750GB 7200RPM SATA 2.5 drives
* Network Adapter: Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N
* Audio: HDMI Out; Optical Digital Out, up to 7.1 HD Audio with THX TruStudio support
* Media Card Reader: Built in 7-in-1 Media Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/SD/Mini-SD)
* Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home, Professional or Ultimate 64-Bit
* Battery: 8-cell Removable Li-Polymer Lithium-Ion
* I/O Ports: 1 HDMI out, 1 DVI-I out, 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 1 eSATA, 1 IEEE-1394 Fire Wire, 1 S/PDIF out, 1 RJ-45 LAN, 1 RJ-11
* Dimensions: (W)16.22" x (H)1.75" x (D)10.87" – 8.6LB with battery
* Price: Starts at $2,659 well-equipped